Household cleaning tasks are often at the very bottom of our to-do lists, as it can be a little hard to get excited about chores. However, it’s important that you take the necessary steps to keep your home clean and tidy – after all, this can make it nicer to spend time at home, impress your guests, fight off illness and can even add value to your property. Here are some cleaning tips that will leave your home looking amazing.
- Set aside some time in your daily routine to keep on top of simple cleaning tasks that keep your home in good order. For example, you should aim to vacuum your home a few times a week to prevent the build-up of dust and dirt. This is particularly important if you have pets or deal with allergies.
- Try to perform a deep clean of your home at least once a month. This will include targeting the areas of the home that are often ignored when you are doing a ‘quick clean, such as the areas behind your furniture, skirting boards, or your kitchen cupboards.
- Remember that you have to clean the areas of your home that you don’t necessarily see every day. For example, without proper care and maintenance, the drains in both your bathroom and kitchen can get clogged with dirt, debris, and food waste – this could lead to blocked drains or damaged piping, which can be hard to fix. However, you can avoid this issue through the regular use of enzyme drain cleaner, which can break down all kinds of dirt and grime.
- Ensure that you keep your kitchen in good working order by cleaning your appliances regularly. For example, you should ensure that you keep your stove in top shape by cleaning it once a month. Otherwise, it’s easy for grease and grime to build up on the surface of the oven, which could present a serious health hazard. You can clean your cupboard using soap and water alone – meaning you don’t need to splash out on expensive cleaning products.
- Tackle tough stains on your furniture with a combination of baking soda and vinegar. This is often more effective than shop-bought cleaning products and can be used across various surfaces. Even better, it has strong antibacterial properties too!
- When cleaning, work your way through your home one room at a time. This helps to break up the cleaning process into separate sections, making it easier to manage. It also gives you a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction as you move from room to room.
- When sprucing up your bathroom, ensure that you pay particular attention to the build-up of grout. This can again be tackled using items you’ll already have in your kitchen cupboards, such as baking soda and lemon juice.
- When you start cleaning a space, start at the top and work your way down gradually. That way, if you dislodge any dust or dirt from your furniture, shelves, or ceiling, you won’t have to vacuum the room a second time.