I received product from GeeFree, but all opinions are my own.
I know I said I would post this the other day, but I did not have time to make these until tonight. If I had known how good they would be, I would have made them sooner. Here is the Gluten Free Cherry Turnovers recipe
I have never worked with any puff pastry before, so I was a little bit worried about these turnovers coming out right. But let me tell you that using GeeFree Puff Pastry is so easy. Just take it out of the freezer and let it thaw out for about thirty minutes. Then, use your favorite gluten free flour to prepare the surface, roll out the pastry, then cut it into whatever shape you want to use. For my Gluten Free Cherry Turnovers Recipe, I used Glutino All Purpose Flour to sprinkle on my counter top. Then I got busy.
Gluten Free Cherry Turnovers
- 1 sheet GeeFree Gluten Free Puff Pastry
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 can Comstock Cherry Pie Filling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees.
- Roll out the puff pastry to desired thickness.
- Cut puff pastry into 8 pieces, each in a rectangle shape.
- Brush each piece with melted butter.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of pie filling on each piece of puff pastry.
- Fold the puff pastry over the pie filling, and seal with a fork.
- Brush tops of the turnovers with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 365 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Comstock pie fillings are gluten free, but be sure to read labels. They could change their recipe at any time.
What would you make first with gluten free puff pastry?