I received product in exchange for this post.
AcuRite has been well known for many years for bringing you the weather in your area with their many products, such as Personal Weather Stations, Barometers, Thermometers, and more. I have had one of their Personal Weather Stations for over a year now, and I really love it! I can look online with I am away from home, and see exactly what the weather is doing at home. I can see at a glance any day, any time, what the temperature is, how much rain has fallen, and what direction the wind is blowing. I can think of many reasons to know what the weather is going to be doing at any time of the day. For things like party planning, planting flowers, mowing the lawn, washing the car and many more activities, the Personal Weather Station is a great thing to have. Now, they are introducing their Smart Home Environmental Monitoring System.
AcuRite asked me to tell you about another great system they have: The Smart Home Environmental Monitoring System. With the Smart Home Environmental Monitoring System, you can access your indoor and outdoor environment from any computer or mobile device. You can receive alerts about changing conditions for things you care about so you can stay one step ahead of changes that could affect loved ones and pets, the structure of homes and buildings, as well as belongings.
Here are just a few of the things you can monitor with your Smart Home Environmental Monitoring System:
- Minimize potential for water damage with water leak detection
- Monitor air quality to prevent mold and allergens with high indoor temperature and humidity alerts
- Protect musical instruments and collectables with low indoor humidity alerts
- Prevent frozen pipes with low temperature alerts
- Prevent flood damage with excessive rainfall alerts
- Prevent wind-related damage with high wind alerts
- Properly water lawn, flowers and garden with rainfall tracking
- Know the best time to plant with soil temperature monitoring
- Prevent frost damage to plants with low outdoor temperature alerts
- Remotely monitor pool, hot tub, pond, fountain and aquarium temperature
- Ensure ideal sleeping conditions for bedrooms and nurseries
- Save on energy costs by making sure heating and cooling systems are operating efficiently, and checking for drafts and leaks
- Plan outdoor activities with reliable weather forecasts and conditions measured right in a user’s back yard
All New My AcuRite Features
- Customizable alerts include email and phone notifications about conditions you want to track
- Ability to connect up to 10 indoor and outdoor monitoring sensors
- Compatible with a full range of environmental sensors, including water leak detectors and liquid and soil temperature sensors
- Expandable to track additional locations or properties
- Current conditions dashboard with 12-hour trend charts
- Charting and graphing of historical data for analysis and download
- My AcuRite mobile apps for Android and iPhone
- Integrated five (5) day and 36-hour weather forecast
- Share home conditions to keep family, friends and even neighbors informed
- Rapid Fire updates to Weather Underground
What this all means to me is that I can monitor the temperature of the water in my new pond, and take the necessary steps to weatherize it long before it has a chance to freeze. I can also monitor the temperature on my back porch, so that I can make sure the water pipes back there don’t freeze. There is so much more you can do with this Smart Home Environmental System. What would YOU monitor?