Ever Been To Sheboygan? If not, here are 12 reasons why you should go this year:
If you have never been to Sheboygan, Wisconsin, here are any number of reasons to take a road trip there this year. Besides Sheboygan being located on the shores of Lake Michigan, with all the fun of water sports and the beaches, you can see these local attractions and events while you are there.
1. The Limón Dance Company performs Limón’s last choregraphy “Carlotta”. The dance is performed in silence. April 19 and 21 at John Michael Kohler Arts Center, 608 New York Ave, Sheboygan, WI 53081.
2. Latin Dance Event An amateur partner dance competition. Small plates and drinks available.May 6 at the John Michael Kohler Arts Center. Ages 14+
3.Midsummer Festival of the Arts. More than 130 artists will be there. Exhibitors include ceramics, jewelry, sculpture, painting, glass, and more. July 16-17 2016 at the Michael Kohler Arts Center
4. Christopher Farm and Gardens Festival The tickets to this festival raise money for Meals on Wheels. The $100 ticket price is worth the cost to make sure shut-in’s and others in need get a meal when they need it. A day of fun, sampling exotic foods and beverages from around the world, along with culture specific games and entertainment. June 25, 2016 The Christopher Farm and Gardens, W580 Garton Rd, Sheboygan, WI
5. Johnsonville Brat Days: The traditional king of Sheboygan summer festivals is the Johnsonville Brat Days. This festival started in 1953 and is a tribute to the Brat. Taste Brats in many delicious ways: Taco Brats, brat egg rolls, brat jambalaya, and more. Experience the entire Brat celebration with a parade, a Brat Trot Run, entertainment, and more. August 4-6 2016, located at Kiwanis Park, 726 North 17th, Sheboygan, WI.
6. Majerele’s Black River Grill: This is a great restaurant featuring a variety of foods and wine options. They have been in business for 10 years, and get an average of a 4.5 rating. Open Tuesday thru Sunday. I would love to try the ribs! Or the Steak Dinner.
7. Harry’s Prohibition Bistro: A Naples pizzeria and wine bar. Pizzas are prepared in an authentic Neopolitan wood fired oven. There are also salads, pasta, and appetizers on the menu. Craft beers from around the world are also available. 669 South Pier Dr, Sheboygan, WI.
8. Whistling Straits Restaurant: A gorgeous view of Lake Michigan from an Irish Farmhouse setting. Classic cuisine with Irish and British influences. Signature dishes include potato leek soup infused with fine sherry, rack of lamb, and sticky toffee pudding. The menu features fresh Wisconsin produce and dairy, seafood from the coasts, and Midwestern-raised meats. With its grand fireplace, The Irish Pub, located upstairs, offers classic dishes including fish ‘n’ chips and a variety of premium beers. For lunch try the BBQ pork flatbead, the Salmon Salad, or Potato Leek Soup. Or, what about a house made corned beef sandwich? For dinner, seared sea scallops, or Scottish Salmon. Located at N8501 Lakeshore Rd, Sheboygan, WI.
9. Biking: Sheboygan is in the only county in the state of Wisconsin to be named a Bike Friendly Community! More than 15 biking trails around the county offer all levels of biking. Click here for a printable map of bike trails.
10. Fishing: Where there’s water there’s fishing, and with Lake Michigan right there, there are lots of places to go fishing. Chartered Lake fishing is a sport for everyone in the family. Catch Chinook or King Salmon, Lake Trout, Rainbow Trout, or Brown Trout. Here’s a link for a list of charter boats to take you out there.
11. Golf: If golfing is your game, there are plenty of golf courses in Sheboyan to keep you occupied. Courses at Whistling Strait have hosted championship PGA games in 2004, 2010, and 2015!
12. Waterfront Activities: There truly is something for everyone in Sheboygan. The beaches and waterfront to Lake Michigan offer plenty of sunbathing, sailing, stand up paddle boarding, and surfing. Get wet one way or another!
These twelve places, things to do, and places to eat are just a few of the many things to keep you occupied in Sheboygan. Plan you trip now for a fun summer getaway!