In celebrating National Senior Health and Fitness Day, it is appropriate to talk about the need for nursing homes. BestNursingHomes.com is a website provided by the Association of Skilled Nursing Providers that can help you when that time comes.
“Mom just got a hip replacement. She has to be out of the hospital, but she’s
too sick to go home. What should we do?”
“Dad has dementia, and his health has declined to the point that it’s unsafe for him to be at home. Help!”
“I need somewhere to recover from heart surgery. I don’t want to be a burden
to my kids and wish there were somewhere I could go with advanced medical
care. Do I have any options?”
Sometimes you need medical care that can’t be taken care of at home … or in
a hospital. We all know that home health companies can come in and take
care of the basics. But if you need more advanced medical care, help is
available in what is called a “post-acute” care center, also known as a “nursing
Nursing homes have gotten a bad rap over the years. But what most people
don’t know is that there are really good ones out there—rehabilitative centers
that look and feel more like hotels than hospitals and give you more
personalized therapy and attention than if you were in a hospital.“Where can I find this heaven on earth?” You may ask.
Welcome to BestNursingHomes.com. This is an online site, provided free to the public by the Association of Skilled Nursing Providers, that lists five-star nursing homes and rehabilitation centers rated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
What’s different about this site than others?
1. BestNursingHomes.com lists ONLY the best sites. Anything on the list has
been preapproved by Medicare as one of the top in the country.
2. There’s no annoying sales center. Best Nursing Homes is run by a nonprofit organization whose public mission is to make people aware of the good places to go. It’s a free list.
3. You don’t have to enter any personal information. No one is going to contact you when you search the site.
4. You can contact the nursing homes directly. If you see an option that you like, simply call the facility or send an email using the contact form.
5. You can see what the center looks like. For the facilities that have chosen upgraded listings, you can take a virtual tour of the building with slideshow photos and videos.
6. You can review what others’ experiences were like. Best Nursing Homes uses proprietary software to get real reviews from real residents and family members. And they’re authentic—there’s no gaming from competitors or advertisers.
Best Nursing Homes has been made possible by the generous donation of
North American Health Care and its CEO, John Sorensen. John has made it his life’s work to serve the elderly population and has sponsored the
development of BNH and donated it to the ASNP for use. “We are very
grateful for the leadership of John Sorensen in the post-acute care industry,”
said Amy Osmond Cook, Ph.D., Executive Director of the Association for
Skilled Nursing Providers. “John is a leader in his field, a generous
philanthropist, and a great example of someone who places serving the
patient above anything else. We are proud to be associated with John and
North American Health Care and grateful for his support to promote best
practices in skilled nursing.”
For more information about Best Nursing Homes or the Association of Skilled
Nursing Providers, please contact Dr. Cook at email@example.com.
BestNursingHomes.com is run by the Association of Skilled Nursing Providers (ASNP) a non-profit organization dedicated to educating the public about skilled nursing care.