You think buying branded cologne for your male colleagues or maybe some fancy silver earrings for the gossiping female receptionist can be quite lavish for a simple staff member like yourself. Nevertheless, you want to make an effort and a good impression by still wrapping up some simple, affordable yet useful presents.
It’s hard to think of gift ideas on your own so here’s a list of 7 items that would be perfect for those “have to buy” gifts.
1.Cologne Sample Vials. Branded colognes are definitely a posh gift for your close family and friends but giving them to your work colleagues will not fit your budget. Despite these branded colognes being expensive, you can definitely purchase discount cologne for men in sample vials. Beauty Encounter has these samples and the packaging is quite presentable. Choices can be Burberry Weekend for Men, Angel Men by Thierry Mugler and more.
2. Fountain Pen. Fountain pens are probably the most generic items you can wrap up as presents. They’re not only useful but they look elegant. You can give this to your boss or immediate supervisor. After all, his signatures are always that important.
3. Swiss Army Knife. Those Swiss army knives are great for your office buddies. A man can never have enough Swiss knives or any tools he can use whether for camping, emergency situations or simply just for a bit of bag accessory.
4. Water Bottle. For your colleagues who are gym addicts or gym buffs, you can give them a water bottle, maybe even a personalized one. Water bottles are very useful and environment-friendly than buying disposable ones at the grocery or nearby convenience store.
5. Year-End or Specialized Magazines. Technology has successfully replaced some of the old printed stuff, However there are specialized or year-end magazines that still cater to a number of people. For instance, men would probably love a playboy magazine while women will adore a home decor or wedding magazine.
6. Gift Cards or Gift Certificates. No idea what your colleagues’ interests are? You can always give them gift cards or certificates from popular stores. Your colleague will have the freedom to pick whatever he likes for himself. An Amazon gift card can buy him gadget accessories, books and more. For your lady pals, they would love a Beauty Encounter E-Gift Certificate which you can grab for as little as $25.
7. Chocolates. When you’re up to the very last minute of shopping and you have no idea what to give, chocolates never go wrong in any occasion. You can buy those mixed variants carefully decorated in a box or basket complete with ribbon and gift tags. It may look like you haven’t got much effort but it’s the thought that counts on this one.
If you have plenty of time, you can still scout for cheaper gifts depending on your colleagues’ personality and office rank. When all else fails, find the quickest store near you and you’ll surely find something present-worthy in there.