My friends, Kristie, from Saving Dollars and Sense, provided me with this guest post:
I like to consider myself to be a pretty financially responsible person. I am always looking for new ways to spend less on things that you have to buy that way I can keep more of my money to spend on the things I want.
One area that I am able to see the most savings is in the area of grocery shopping.
We can’t get away from buying food, but we can learn ways to spend less.
Here is the 3 step process I used to use to make sure I was spending the least amount of money on my grocery bill each week.
- Create a Menu Plan. This is the best way to know what you will need to buy each week. Having a menu keeps me from buying those unnecessary things that catch my attention when I am cruising the grocery store aisles.
- Check the Store Ads. I like to check more than one store to see what they are offering on sale that week. I make my shopping list based on what I need and who has the best price this week.I also make sure to check all of my local drug stores. They carry food too, and lots of times they have THE best prices.
- Gather your coupons. Once I know what I will buy, I look for coupons that will work on those items to save even more of my money.
This has been my process for saving at the stores for years now. It works!
But, it takes a lot of time and effort to plan and get your coupons together.
There is a brand new Grocery Savings Tool available that can help you save up to 70% off using nothing more than your cell phone.
You choose your stores and enter your grocery list, and it tells you where to go for the lowest price at that time. It will also let you know if there are coupons available so you don’t have to spend your time searching yourself.
Use that time you have waiting for your kids to get out of school or after school classes to plan your grocery list.
Favado is a mobile savings app that helps shoppers stop overspending by notifying them when their favorite items are on sale.
Favado has money saving experts who hand select sales and coupons every week in more than 65,000 grocery stores and drugstores nationwide to enable discovery of the best deals for savings up to 70% on everyday items.
Favado’s Features Include:
- Price comparisons for the best deals at your local stores.
- Search for deals on what you need.
- Personalize the deals you want to see, so you never miss a deal on the products you love.
- Shopping list with available coupons and sharing options.
- Complete sale details, including sale prices and and available coupons that reveal the deepest discount.
- Hand selected sale information, inputted weekly by Top Grocery Store Experts.