I’m hosting a new Blog Hop that I hope you all will want to join in. It is named The Bloggy Buffet and it will go live each week on Thursday. There will be a prompt every week for bloggers to share a recipe with us, using that prompt ingredient. The idea here is to show how many different ways you can prepare the same thing.
For instance, this week, the first week, the prompt is Chicken. It can be a recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It can be an old post. It can be main dish, salad, sandwich, soup, or side dish. As long as it has chicken in the recipe, you can link it up. There aren’t too many other rules for participation:
1. Create a post with a picture of your prepared chicken dish, and share the recipe.
2. Put the Bloggy Buffet graphic in your post
3. Include the linky code. That way, everyone can hop from one blog to another and see all the recipes for the week.
4. If you link up, try to visit all the blogs in the linky to comment, pin, tweet, or share in some way.
5. I will post the next week’s prompt on this weeks post, so be sure to look for that.
6. You do not have to participate every week, but I hope you will want to.
So, here is my first contribution to the buffet:
Chicken and Rice with Salsa
This is one of my favorite chicken recipes. I got it from my mother-in-law. She told me that when she and my father-in-law used to travel in their RV, they would meet up with their friends in the desert out west. They parked their RV’s in a circle and everyone contributed something to the dinner meals. That is where she learned to make it. I can see why, because it is so easy and so quick to fix.
Chicken and Rice With Salsa Recipe
4-6 pieces of chicken
1 cup uncooked rice
1 jar of salsa, your favorite brand
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups water
Salt and pepper to taste
Salt and pepper the chicken pieces. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet with a lid. Add the chicken pieces to the skillet, and brown slightly. Add in the rest of the ingredients in the skillet, stir to mix well.
Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to simmer. Cover and cook for thirty minutes, stirring once or twice.
I serve this with a salad or sliced cucumbers.
The prompt for next week is Soup. Show us your soup next week!