I spent the first part of the day moving my sewing stuff out of the trailer and into the house. I set up the sewing machine and other sewing stuff in the living room temporarily. I have sooo much room now to sew. I was ready to make something, anything, and Emily asked me to make her a breast feeding cover, which is a pretty drape to use when you are breast feeding baby in public.
We shopped for fabric while we were out yesterday, and got enough of this cute fabric to make the cover, a diaper bag, a zippered bag, and a changing pad. Monkeys!
After I got the sewing area set up, I started on the cover. It was such an easy pattern to make. Of course, the the thing that took the longest was the cutting. After that, it was all straight lines, and some gathering for the ruffle. Finished in about two hours.
This one has a piece of boning in the top so that it will stay open. That lets Mom see what’s going on with baby but prevents everyone else from seeing in.
I used D rings to make the strap adjustable. This was really quick and easy to make, and will be quite useful for Emily when Baby Rascoe gets here.