After 10 days of being on the road, we are here. The camp host spot provided to us by the Forest Service is BEAUTIFUL! I have been just chilling out and recovering from the road trip since we got here, but also doing things like unpacking the herbs and spices, setting up the sewing machine, sorting out things I want to get rid of, etc. And I have been working on my “to do” list for the winter.
I have several things I want to accomplish, some easy, some hard. Here is my list:
1. I have a scrapbook of quilts I have made, that needs to be updated. I’ll be working on getting pictures of all the quilts in there, along with scraps of the fabrics used, so that I have a more complete record of them. If any of you, (and you know who you are) who have received one of my quilts has a picture of it on the bed or with the recipient, please forward to my email inbox sometime over the next 5 months. Notice I DID say please.
2. I want to finish my son, Seth, and daughter-in-law’s, Sarah, lone star quilt. It is about 3/4 done, it needs to be on it’s way to them soon!
3. I have the fabric ready to cut to make my daughter, Emily, a quilt. I just need to decide on a pattern to use. I have looked at several, and changed my mind two or three times now.
4. I also have fabric ready to cut to make a new quilt for my oldest grandson, Michael. He hasn’t had one since he was two, and now he is a grown up 14 years old!
5. I want to do a fund raiser for the Oral Cancer Foundation. I have it all in my head, and as soon as I get it thoroughly sorted out, I’ll be posting about that. It will be pretty soon, as I want to do this in honor of FabGrandpa’s 10 year survival status. It will be great, and YOU will be able to participate!
6. I want to “eat down the pantry”–there’s enough stuff in those cupboards to feed a family of six for at least two months, and there are only two of us. That is ridiculous, and too much weight on the trailer, so I am determined to do that. How much extra stuff do you have in your pantry?
7. I want to make some Christmas ornaments for my kids, before Christmas actually gets here. I guess I better get busy on that one!
8. I posted this as a goal last year and then did nothing at all about it. I want to get all my gluten free recipes together and create a cookbook with them. Let’s see if that one happens!
9.I want to save all my photos to a DVD, and make myself back up my computer EVERY WEEK, at least. Every day would be better, but I know right now I ain’t gonna do it every day. You’d think that losing all my photos back in the summer would have made a believer out of me, but nooooo,…..
10. I want to get FabGrandpa and me back on a budget. I have a goal to leave here with more money than we got here with. Not an easy task with that catfish restaurant right down the road. I am thinking that $125 a week for groceries, and eating out one time a week should be enough, don’t you?
So, there are the first 10 goals I can think of for the next six months. What are yours?