You should always contact your doctor or dentist immediately if you notice the following symptoms in yourself or a loved one:
- A sore or lesion in the mouth that does not heal within two weeks.
- A lump or thickening in the cheek.
- A white or red patch on the gums, tongue, tonsil, or lining of the mouth.
- A sore throat or a feeling that something is caught in the throat.
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing.
- Difficulty moving the jaw or tongue.
- Numbness of the tongue or other area of the mouth.
- Swelling of the jaw that causes dentures to fit poorly or become uncomfortable.”
Want to help us celebrate FabGrandpa’s 9 years of survival? Make a $9 donation to the Oral Cancer Foundation today! But even if you don’t make a donation, make yourself a reminder to get an oral cancer screening the next time you see your doctor or dentist. It could save your life.