1. While I was cooking dinner tonight, I happened to start thinking about the lids to my pots and pans. They are made of glass and have a hole in them for steam to escape from the pans. And in those holes, there are little metal grommets. I wonder how they got those grommets in there?
Thinking about that set me to thinking about other things, like:
2. How on earth does Stephen King think up all those scary things he writes? The list of books he has written is long, but I have only managed to read one: The Mist. And now, ever since I read it, I get scared all over again every time it rains hard at night.
3. How did those guys who invented television know it would work? I mean, when I think about that, it really makes me crazy. I just wonder how someone can envision something that isn’t there and then find a way to make it work.
4. Why is that my telephone never rings until I have my hands in the food I am preparing for dinner? It never fails. I can be home all day long, and nothing. But let me get my hands on a raw chicken, and ring ring ring!
5. How does that one fly get in my house, and find its way to my bedroom, and buzz around my head over and over when I am trying to sleep late on my day off?
So, what do you wonder about?